Featured Post

Update: SEO Issues - is it Penguin? Is it Panda? or is it me?

It was a little over a year ago that I posted the " SEO Issues - is it Penguin? Is it Panda? or is it me? " in which I detailed o...

Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Exposing the Truth Behind SEO Conferences: Does the Investment Hold Value?

Are traditional SEO conferences worth the hype and hefty price tags? 
Well... I have navigated the maze of industry events and uncovered some gems and pitfalls. As I mentioned in my article on Conferences in 2024 for MasterSEO.io, from the endless loop of newbie topics to cliques playing high school, speakers thinking they're rockstars, and the not-so-fun reality of harassment—SEO conferences are a mixed bag.

Traditional ones?

Meh. They often dish out beginner-level stuff seasoned pros find as thrilling as watching paint dry. Do we need a conference to explain "What is a robots.txt?" I think not. Then there's the agency parade, with success stories and pitches. As pros, we're here to level up, not be sold.

Networking?

It can feel like Survivor. My early solo conference adventures were like being in a sea of faces until a hero or two rescued me. And speakers? Some get the VIP treatment, creating an exclusive vibe. The Groundhog Day of repeated talks? Seriously?

I did things differently with my events—no basic talks, egos, or repeats. Speakers engaged, controversial topics were fair game, and it became a hit. Never fear though, 2024 has some cool conferences breaking the mold:
  • Botify Connect: Diving into adapting SEO strategies to a changing search landscape and the fascinating world of AI.
  • State of Search: 12 years strong, covering the nitty-gritty of SEO, PPC, and digital marketing.
  • WTSFest USA: Ladies in tech SEO, unite! A platform for leading women to share insights and build a kickass community.
So, when picking your conference, look for fresh content, killer networking, and inclusivity. Break away from the ordinary and snag your ticket to career growth and skill development. 

No comments:

Post a Comment